If calls are taken:
Call locally at 802.244.1777
Call toll-free at 877.291.8255
Pro-life lobby day at the State House is set for Wednesday, May 2, 2018. More info to come!
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2015
Time: 5:30 pm to 9 pm
Price: $13.00 per person
Meal: Roast Beef, vegetables, salad, rolls, dessert, and beverages
Reservations Required. Limited Seating
New auction items or cash contributions always appreciated
Questions or Donations – call Eileen Haupt (802)899-4882
It’s fair time!
Week of Prayer Kickoff
And here’s a great panorama from the Week of Prayer Kickoff
Thank you to all who have attended the events and to those of you who are participating in the fairs. We’d love to see your photos! Send them to [email protected] with the Who, What, Where and Whens!
The Ride this year was great! Thanks to all who attended or prayed for the event. Here are some photos you sent in.
Olivia’s Mom was told she would not live….and recommended an abortion…the Ride happens on her birthday weekend each year! Guess the docs were wrong!
We need you to take URGENT action!
Act 39 is expected to get a vote on the Senate floor at 1 pm Thursday (2/26). And the vote will be very close! We need you to call your Senators at the Statehouse today (Wednesday, 2/25) or early morning Thursday. So there is no time to wait!
The Pro-Suicide groups have already started their calls, and we need to make calls to show that Vermonters do not want this law.
Please read and follow this closely:
- First go to http://legislature.vermont.gov/people/ and get the names of all your Senators.
- Politely call the Sergeant at Arms at the State House:
- You will be asked to give your name and town.
- Politely ask for the following message to be delivered to your Senators. The message is “Repeal Act 39 entirely. Assisted Suicide is not healthcare.”
- It is important that you leave a message for each Senator by name.
After you have called
Send this post to all your friends!
And share it on Social Media!
Send emails individually to your Senators
This is less effective than a call but can help support Senators in their Repeal decision. You can find their emails through http://legislature.vermont.gov/people/
Thank you for your help Repealing this Bad Law!
Once the marchers arrive, they will head inside to the House Chambers where all activities will be held. This includes those activities and remarks that usually occur on the Statehouse steps.
Standing Together ~ Defending Life
Updated Schedule for Rally for Life
Saturday, January 17, 2015
9:30 am, a Respect Life Mass will be celebrated prior to the Rally for Life at St. Augustine’s Church in Montpelier.
10:30 AM – Rally Warm Up in the St. Augustine Church Hall (basement). Everyone is welcome to attend.
10:45 AM – If you would like to March, Gather behind City Hall in Montpelier.
- March down State Street
- If you would like to wait at the Statehouse instead, you are welcome to do so.
11:00-11:15 AM Move inside the Statehouse to the House Chambers
- Opening remarks.
- Proceed to House Chamber in the State House for dynamic pro-life speakers.
- Enjoy refreshments, fellowship and the latest pro-life information.
- There is no charge to attend the Rally for Life. Bring family and friends!
Guest Speaker: Abby Johnson
Vote Pro-Life this Tuesday, Nov 4th!
All times are approximate. Bikers and others who wish to join the Ride for Life can register at the scheduled meeting stops!
9:30 – meet at Home Depot, 299 US Route 4, Rutland
9:45 – leave Home Depot for Planned Parenthood’s abortion clinic at 6 Robert’s Ave in Rutland
10:15 – leave Planned Parenthood for Route 100 North with stop in Randolph for rest stop then Routh 14 to Barre
11:30 – join all Ride Routes at the Planned Parenthood abortion clinic on Washington Street in Barre
Noon – ride to Montpelier for the State House
* (see below for St. Albans)
8:00 – meet at Community Bible Church at 2025 Williston Road (Route 2) for breakfast
8:45 – leave CBC for Burlington Planned Parenthood – Vermont’s largest abortion clinic – 183 St. Paul Street
9:00 – arrive Burlington Planned Parenthood, Pine Street, for information, prayer and sharing time.
9:30 – leave Burlington Planned Parenthood.
9:40 – arrive PP Headquarters at former GD Plant, again for information, prayer and sharing time.
10:00 – leave Planned Parenthood Headquarters.
10:10 – arrive Cumberland convenience store on Pine St. for rest stop.
10:30 – leave Cumberland convenience store for Barre Planned Parenthood.
11:30 – arrive Barre Planned Parenthood abortion clinic on Washington Street (route TBD by riders due to construction problems/challenges).
Noon – ride to Montpelier for the State House.
*Pro-lifers who are leaving for the Burlington Ride are also planning to pray at the Planned Parenthood clinic on 80 Fairfield Street in St. Albans before meeting at the Community Bible Church. The group will meet at the St. Mary’s parking lot at 7:00 and then head up the street to say prayers in front the St. Alban’s Planned Parenthood! They will leave PP at 7:15am. Please feel free to join them!
9:00 – arrive at St. Mary’s Star of the Sea parking lot on Prospect Street for blessing.
9:30 – arrive at Planned Parenthood on 79 Coventry Street in Newport.
10:00 – leave Newport for the Planned Parenthood clinic in Hyde Park 213 E Main St, Hyde Park.
10:30 – leave Hyde Park for Planned Parenthood abortion clinic on Washington Street in Barre
11:30 – arrive in Barre
Noon – Ride to the State House in Montpelier
Glen Page is the director of F.A.I.T.H. Riders from the Newbury VT area. The group hopes to pray first at the Lebanon, New Hampshire Planned Parenthood abortion clinic and then join the ride in Barre before heading to the State House.
Ask your legislators at your town meeting to support the Moratorium on Assisted Suicide. VAEH has been quite vocal in this “Legislative Malpractice” and has called for repeal since it was enacted law.
Join the fight to protect the lives of the elderly, disabled, sick and weakest amongst us by:
- Calling your State Senators and Representatives at home this week. Ask them to support the Moratorium on Assisted Suicide.
- Email them if you can’t get ahold of them by phone. And ask them to support the Moratorium on Assisted Suicide.
- GO TO TOWN MEETING DAY! And ask them to support the Moratorium on Assisted Suicide! Bring this flyer with you for a quick reference!
- Download the flyer (the text of the flier is also below)
- True Dignity Vermont is a great resource for facts, news and keeping you updated on events.
- You can also visit our resources section on Doctor Prescribed Death: http://www.vrlc.net/resources/doctor-prescribed-death/
Assisted suicide flyer text:
ACT 39- ASSISTED SUICIDE:
• Does NOT provide immunity for nurses, pharmacists and others involved.
• Does NOT provide immunity for health care facilities.
• Does NOT require a patient to have “capacity.”
• Does NOT require that a patient be “capable” at the time of ingestion.
• Does NOT require a patient to self-administer the lethal dose.
• Does NOT require State oversight.
• Does NOT require collection of data.
• Does NOT track lethal prescriptions.
• Does NOT require annual reports.
• Does NOT have adequate rules for safe disposal of lethal drugs.
• Does NOT have provisions to investigate allegations of abuse.
• Does NOT require a disinterested witness be present at time of ingestion to verify that the patient is not under duress.
• Does NOT require a physician or health care professional to be present.
• Does NOT require that family be notified.
• Does NOT protect physicians from a duty to inform terminally-ill patients of the lethal dose option even if it is premature, does not fit the standard of care, is clinically inappropriate, or violates a physician’s ethics.
• Does NOT require that a patient be a Vermont resident.
• Does NOT allow the physician prescribing the lethal drug to contact the patient’s primary physician unless the patient gives consent.
• Does NOT bar a guardian or agent from making the request for the lethal drugs.