(Montpelier) Following decades of scandals that reveal Planned Parenthood of Vermont’s cavalier attitude toward teen sex, teen sexual abuse, teen promiscuity and abortion, the taxpayer-funded organization is now coming under scrutiny nationwide for involvement in the pre-ordering of body parts from living unborn babies.
Unlike most states, Planned Parenthood of Vermont is granted the entire allotment of Title X Family Planning by the Vermont Health Department annually. They also receive an annual gift of $300,000.00 from Vermont’s General Fund in addition to $1.5 million in federal Title X funds.
Decades of Planned Parenthood Vermont scandals include:
- Planned Parenthood moved their Lebanon, New Hampshire abortion clinic to White River Junction. This decision was made shortly after the New Hampshire enacted a parental involvement law. Planned Parenthood strenuously opposes parental involvement laws, and, therefore, relocated their abortion facility so they wouldn’t have to notify a New Hampshire parent before performing an abortion on a minor girl.
- Planned Parenthood of Vermont was fined $30,000.00 for violating campaign finance laws in 2010. PPNNE Action Fund illegally raised and spent $120,000 to influence the outcome of the gubernatorial race between Brian Dubie and Peter Shumlin. The funds were used to air misleading television ads against Dubie in the final weeks of the campaign. Ultimately, Dubie lost by a mere 4,000 votes. Planned Parenthood employee Jill Krowinski, who signed off on these activities which violated the law, was subsequently appointed by Governor Peter Shumlin to fill an open seat in the Vermont House. Krowinski continues to earn a salary from Planned Parenthood.
- PPNNE sponsors YouTube video chats called “A Naked Notion” hosted by Laci Green. The BDSM video went viral.
- PPNNE launched a program called “Have Consensual Text” where people of any age could sign up to receive” weekly text messages that include sex facts, quizzes, and chances to win stuff.”
- The Man Phone website was created by Planned Parenthood with a grant from the VT Department of Health. It wassupposed to be health information for sexually active men between the ages of 25 and 35. The Man Phone was shut down by the VDH in 2005 after it was found to be linked to pornography and PPNNE’s website geared for teens.
- Planned Parenthood of Northern New England sponsors training for Health Educators entitled, Sexual Attitude Reassessment or SAR. Planned Parenthood’s description of the seminars, which they continue to run on a rotating basis, includes the use of “emotionally evocative and sexually explicit films and presentations to explore attitudes and values.”
- Consumer Reports flunked two brands of condoms manufactured by Planned Parenthood in 2005
- 2001 testimony in the Vermont State House revealed thatPlanned Parenthood has no record of making any report of sexual abuse as required under the Title 18, despite their claims that many of the teens on whom they perform abortions without parental knowledge are victims of abuse.
- Planned Parenthood failed to report to the Vermont Department of Health the number of RU-486 abortions they performed in 1994 as required by law.
- In 1989. Planned Parenthood organized “The Safety Dance” geared for junior high and high school students. Once the details of the explicit nature of the games and music became public, “The Safety Dance” was cancelled.